Monday, October 12, 2009

PSA Topic Opinion

Hello again, and today I am going to tell you my personal opinion on the topic of my PSA, which is child abuse.


I plan to focus more on physical abuse, which I find terrible. I went through physical abuse of my own, when my dad hit both me and my stepbrother (who was not my stepbrother at the time, and had no relation to us whatsoever). I was about four then, and I was wearing a cast on my leg at the time. I also recall seeing my 5-6 year old halfbrother Isaac hit hard around the legs by my dad as well, about eight years later. During my research into the subject of physical child abuse, I found out that parents and guardians are not the only people who hurt children, oh no. The boyfriend of a mother of a child struck the child while the mother was out, and I believe the child was killed.


But do you want to know what I think the worst part about it is? The assailants actually get away with it, or get low charges. In the example above, the boyfriend only got two years in prison, when he should have received ten years at least for manslaughter, more so if intentional.


In my PSA, I am going to make sure that people worldwide know what is going on to these unfortunate children, and to make sure it is stamped out once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment